RTCW on Linux. How do I enter CD Key
Another Dave
2006-09-10 16:37:32 UTC
Subject says it all really. I've installed the game and the setup
screens work fine but when I start the game it simply drops back to
Linux. I'm assuming this is because I haven't entered the CD key (I have
a legitimate boxed CD, manual etc). However the Linux version doesn't
ask for it and I can't find an option to enter it.

Any ideas?

Another Dave
Phil
2006-09-11 03:48:03 UTC
Subject says it all really. I've installed the game and the setup Any
ideas?
Another Dave
No toll free number for help with it ? Not familiar with Linux
unknown
2006-09-11 17:17:48 UTC
Subject says it all really. I've installed the game and the setup screens
work fine but when I start the game it simply drops back to Linux. I'm
assuming this is because I haven't entered the CD key (I have a legitimate
boxed CD, manual etc). However the Linux version doesn't ask for it and I
can't find an option to enter it.
Any ideas?
Another Dave
*I don't know Linux, but a windows machine won't even let you finish the
install without the CD key. I would look at video drivers or something else
that might be conflicting. On a windows machine I have had sound & video
drivers cause some games to crash to desktop when I try to play them. I
could go in and play with all the menus and options in the game but once I
started to play it would crash.

Coyote
Michael Pachta
2006-09-11 21:54:59 UTC
Post by unknown
*I don't know Linux, but a windows machine won't even let you finish the
install without the CD key. I would look at video drivers or something else
that might be conflicting.
This appears quite reasonable to me. As far as I know does the Linux
version mainly (or even exclusively) need the map files from the
original CD (those *.pk3-files). The original poster should give google
a try. Maybe on some website he'll find a FAQ that gives him a hint.

Michael